Learning from Home
Every child has access to the online classroom. You will have received an email with their login details and your child will also have come home with their details.
Children will be given weekly homework on the google classroom. If you do not have access to the internet, we will send your child home with a hard copy to complete.
Children will be working online regularly at school in order to develop their ability to access and use the online learning competently.
Steps to complete homework on Google Classroom (for your child):
a. Click into the 'Classwork' tab at the top.
b. Scroll down to find the lesson you are on; please work in sequence.
c. Click on the lesson/assignment and click 'view assignment'
d. Once you have read the instruction, if there are word mats or text you need to read, they should be there for you to access.
e. Sometimes you may be asked to click on a link which will take you to a website where you will play a game or maybe research something.
f. Sometimes you will be asked to complete a task - To complete tasks, on the top right corner, click 'Make a copy' and complete the task on Google Docs. You do not need to save, as it saves itself. You can just close it if you want to get back to it later.
g. Once you have finished your assignment/homework, click 'Turn in'.
h. If you want to edit it again, you can find 'unsubmit' on the instruction page.
If you need help with how to work things or complete work, private message is available on the instruction page (after you click into 'view assignment').
6. Each week teachers will be putting more activities online. Teachers will be able to 'talk' to your children online giving them instructions so they know what to do with each activity.
If you or or child needs any help, please let us know by writing something in the stream section of the classroom (see tab at the top).
TO ACCESS THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM
In order for your child to access it they will need to log in with their username and password.
Here are the steps to getting started on a laptop or computer.
1. Click on this link https://myaccount.google.com/
2. Log in with their username and Password:
3. Click on the little 3x3 grid on the right hand side and then click on the Classroom icon. This will take you into your child's class online learning.
4. Your child should click on the 'Classwork' tab at the top - they will be able to see different activities they can do each week.
5. Where they are asked to, they will be able to send work they have done back for their teachers to comment on.
Accessing Google Classroom from a tablet or ipad
1. Download the Google classroom App from the Playstore or Apple Store.
2. Go into the app
3. Put in your email and password.
Teachers will be giving appropriate, safe websites and activities online for your child. However, as your child will have access to the internet, you should monitor what your child is doing online so that you know they are safe.
Although they may be able to talk online - their teacher can see all communication. Please remind your child to only post and speak appropriately.
It would be good to give your child a routine during the day. Try to help them where you can. We would love your children to continue learning whilst they are at home if possible.
How to set up the Google Classroom - Picture support