Our most recent inspection took place in December 2022. We were graded GOOD in every area. Below are some of the key findings:
The school is good because:
- Leaders have high expectations for pupils. They want pupils to have happy and successful experience of school.
- Pupils have a wide range of opportunities to enrich their learning and broaden their interests beyond subjects taught.
- Pupils are polite, respectful and considerate towards each other.
- Staff seize opportunities to encourage pupils to develop their awareness of current issues at local, national and global levels.
- Leaders have set out the sequence in which they expect pupils to develop knowledge and skills in all subjects. they are sure that teachers are clear about what pupils should know and remember over time.
- Teachers routinely revisit key facts to check pupils' recall and identify gaps in learning. Teachers adapt their planning and teaching of the curriculum to help pupils catch up.
- Staff have high expectations for pupils' use of subject specific vocabulary, correct pronunciation of technical terms and the development of pupils thinking to learn more demanding concepts.
- Leaders promote enthusiasm for reading. Opportunities and encouragement for pupils to read are firmly rooted in the life of the school.
- Pupils focus well in class and are enthusiastic to learn. They are willing to work together, listen to each other's ideas and compare notes on a task.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective and woven into the curriculum.
For the full report, please click on the image:
Previous Ofsted Inspection May 2017 - Graded 'Good'.