Pupil Premium Funding
The pupil premium is a government initiative that targets extra money at pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds. Research shows that pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds underachieve compared to their non-deprived peers. The premium is provided to enable these pupils to be supported to reach their potential. The Government has used pupils entitled to free school meals (FSM), looked after children and service children as indicators of deprivation, and have provided a fixed amount of money for schools per pupil based on the number of pupils registered for FSM over a rolling six year period. This fixed amount of money is expected to increase every year. At Edgware will be using the indicator of those eligible for FSM as well as identified vulnerable groups as our target children to ‘close the gap’ regarding attainment.
At Edgware, we want all pupils to aim high and succeed so that they meet their full potential. We believe that all children should receive good quality teaching on a daily basis. Every child should be given access to a quality curriculum which is rich in breadth and depth and be provided with rich experiences to enhance their learning. Children need to learn through real life experiences and have opportunities to develop key skills for now and the future. We must foster and develop self-belief, a 'can do' and inquisitive attitude and promote high expectations in everything we do. Staff at the school work to develop the 'whole child'.
We are working hard to raise standards and to make sure that every child progresses well and achieves their very best. Money has been ring fenced to make sure that it is spent on Pupil premium children in the school. The Head teacher and Inclusion Manager ensure that money is spent effectively and that the impact of the spending is recorded and evaluated.
We have a three tiered approach:
- Quality of teaching and Targeted Academic support
- Nurturing Climate - building positive relationships with children and families
- Wider Strategies - Support to reduce life pressures - Working with external agenices
In order to ensure that all children succeed, we believe that:
- all teaching must be good or better on a day to day basis
- it is crucial to track children's progress and attainment and use this to identify children who may need extra support
- we must provide timely interventions to enable all children to achieve. These interventions must be tracked to make sure that they have had an impact
- Interventions we use must be based on research
- children deserve quality feedback so that they know how to improve
- all children must have ‘behaviours for learning’ that will help them to succeed
- all children need to be in school every day
- we must work in partnership with parents/carers to help them support their child's development and learning
Quality CPD for staff must be in place for professional devlepment
Look at our spending and assessment documents to see our latest pupil premium spending and outcomes.
- Pupil Premium Strategy and Spend 2019-2021 (1)18th Nov 2020
- Pupil Premium Spending 2018-19 with outcomes06th Oct 2019
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium Summer 201929th Aug 2019
- Pupil premium Spending 2017-18 with outcomes29th Aug 2019
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium Spring 2018-1901st Aug 2019
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium Autumn 2018-1901st Aug 2019
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium Summer 201831st Jul 2018
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium Spring 201831st Jul 2018
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium Autumn 2017-201802nd May 2018
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium summer 2016-1702nd Nov 2017
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium spring 2016-1708th May 2017
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium autumn 2016-1721st Mar 2017
- Attainment and Progress Pupil Premium summer term 201621st Mar 2017
- Edgware Primary Pupil Premium Policy23rd Jan 2017